Saturday, December 5, 2009

Femme male seeks makeup advice.?

First off I realize and fully understand some people aren't open to the idea of a male being into 'girly' things like makeup and clothing, That's fine and I can respect that. However.. I let you live your life, so please let me live mine.





Now then hopefully unhelpful answers will be kept to a minimum and I can get some help.





For all my life I've had a side of me, that I've been forced to hide. A side of me that loves feminine things. Dresses... skirts... and on and on and on... makeup obviously fits into this well.





Of late I've come to the point in my life where I want to live for myself and not worry so much about what others think.... You do after all only live once.





I just honestly don't have the first clue about makeup... zero knowledge what so ever.





Firstly what should I focus on in terms of learning about makeup? Any websites, books or magazines that you recommend?





If you could only carry three cosmetic items, what would they be?Femme male seeks makeup advice.?
good for you!!! thats a great attitude!! There arent really any good ways to actually find out how to do makeup because everybodys different and you would have to go and get someone do your makeup for you... the advice that I can giev you now is that if you are going for a look that says ';im wearing makeup and I want evryone to know'; then I would go for bright eyeshadow colors that match your outfit but if you are going for a natural look then i suggest just some concealer, powder, mascara and light eyeliner. ok so if you have no clue on makeup then i suggest having your mom or a girl friend show you how to put it on and if you dont have that then i suggest going somewhere and getting a cosmetologist or a makeup artist to help places like MAC, Belk, Macys, Jc Penney usually have makeup counters that will help you. If you cant do that then then heres the most help i can give you:


1. concealer should match your skin tone and goes on anywhere you want to cover little things up like dark circles or bags underyour eyes or blemishes


2. powder should also match your skin tone and I suggest getting Loreal True Match pressed powder (its in a little compact) because it is the best powder on the planet


3. eyeliner is hard to explain but i dont suggest black unless you dont want to look natural


4. mascara goes on your eyelashes and you can get the cheap kind or the expensive kind bc it doesnt matter right now bc you are just starting out


5. eyeshadow goes on the eyelids and if you want the bold look then go for bold colors





for all of this I would just go to like Wal Mart, K Mart, or CVS for right now to just try it out





If I could only carry 3 cosmetic items I would carry powder, concealer, and mascara.








I hope this helped and again im happy that you finally decided that this is what you want to do and you decided to be true to yourself and do what you wanted to do!! :)Femme male seeks makeup advice.?
aww thanks :) happy to help Report Abuse

I would start simple...get a clear mascara which many cosmetic companies make...it will add length and definition to your lashes and not be so messy while you learn how to apply...i still sometimes get black mascara on my face after years of practice lol. A loose mineral powder that you apply with a brush,this is like powder compact but easier to apply in a natural look as compact powder can look cakey with a heavy hand...covergirl makes one and it leaves your skin looking clean and luminous.A powder blush,try and find a shade that looks similar to the inside of your cheeks in your mouth...sounds weird but its a shade that will look most natural.And last try tinted lip gloss.As you get used to applying makeup you can venture into more vibrant shades and feel more confident doing it.Good luck.
good for you! you're so right and everyone can take a lesson from you and you are VERY brave! anyways, i would look through fashion/makeup magazines such as seventeen, teen vouge, vouge, CosmoGirl ect. and it does get easier!





the three things I can't live without:





1.N.Y.C. eye 2 eye eyshadow in grey and pink (only about $2, N.Y.C. is a great, cheap brand!)





2. Victoria Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in Strawberry Fizz (more pricy but WONDERFUL!)





3. My covergirl perfect point plus eyeliner in black (pretty cheap as well and a GREAT brand!)





for other brands I would suggest would be Avon, Maybelline, and Boots, all can be found at C.V.S. or other drug stores. If you want some pricer makeup I would try Sephora and Mac they both have great products as well! Once again, good for you and keep living life how YOU want it!
i absolutly agree with the first one.... its all about the eyes and being flawless!
1.good for you thats what your life means live for your happiness.





2. i would look up makeup tips just look at brands, watching shows like americas next top model gives good ideas, also reading magazines for sure!, maybe a makeup stylist book too.





3. i cant live without :mascara, bronzer, and chapstick.





i really wish you luck : )





and it does get easier over time. you understand what brands work with your skin what colors look good and what matches what.
Eyes are the most important. Line those eyes and go very light on the rest of the make-up and you'll be a big hit.
uhm. maybe seventeen or elle. thats really good for makeup tips. thats where i get mine. and if i had any three cosmetic on me it would be eyeliner, concealer, and blush.
Okay well you can go to www.seventeen.com or www.cosmogirl.com for some makeup tips. Those are my favorite magazines. I would take foundation, mascara, and eyeshadow


Applying mascara and foundation is easy. Eyeliner is easier, but just like riding a bike it gets easier.
For tips on make up, go to youtube and search for the channel called Enkore. He gives great tips.





Things I would carry:


1. MAC Studio Fix Powder


2. MAC Fluidline


3. Dr. Pepper Chapstick
1) Prestige liquid eyeliner: black


2) Loreal true match powder


3) Dior mascara





(:
Great for you! And good luck with the makeup thing... I always need to have the following on me:





1.) M.A.C. powder


2.) lip gloss (blistex)


3.) eye lash curler... I know this might be weird but I like to curl my lashes once during the day at work! =)
Makeup Items:


1] mascara - do not 'pump' tube - will dry out contents.


Wipe off [ gently ] outer layer of mascara before applying. Look down to apply to upper lashes; and up to apply lower.


2] blush - apply to CHEEKBONE - not 'apples' of cheeks.


Cream - apply three dots of color - one top of cheekbone, below iris; second bottom of cheekbone, directly beneath, and third at outer corner of eye, halfway between first two.


Blend up and out.


Powder - apply starting directly under middle of eye; sweep up and out [ tapering off at outer eye/temple ]


3] lipstick


Google or wiki how how to apply rest of makeup - most people don't need all makeup - I just started with what helps the most.


4] pluck and shape eyebrows! Go to eyebrowz.com. Huge difference!
I recommend you read a magazine called Cosmo Girl and another one called seventeen magazine.


Good Luck
  • hair highlights
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin infection